What is Microblading?
Also known as Microstroking, Eyebrow Embroidery, Brow Resurrection
Microblading (or eyebrow embroidery) is a relatively new, manual method. It is considered to be semi-permanent, as compared to the traditional hairstroke technique. It is done using a very fine blade to deposit pigments into the epidermis. Because we’re impacting color closer to the surface, the strokes appear crisp and very fine. There is no “spilling” under the skin.
This method is ideal for anyone wanting to enhance the look of their eyebrows. The results are natural looking, hair-like strokes, regardless of the amount of hair present. People suffering from alopecia, trichotillomania or any other condition that causes hair loss benefit greatly from Microblading, as well as people who simply aren’t happy with their eyebrows. (Priced by consultation)
Lash Lift & Tint
Lash Lift & Tint
DO YOU DARE TO BE BARE?
Before you brave your first brazilian wax
If you have finally made the choice to get a brazilian wax, first of all, congratulations! You are going to LOVE your brazilian wax results. Before we get into the itty-bitty brazilian wax details, let’s go over the basics. The following should be considered before you decide to bare your kitty (brazilian wax):
1. Make sure your hair is long enough. If you can pull your hair with your finger tips, it is likely long enough. To be safe, make sure it is at least 1/4″ to a 1/2″ long.
2. Be well hydrated and moisturized. You are more likely to feel discomfort if you are dehydrated, so drink plenty of water the day before your appointment. You can also moisturize your bikini bits prior to your brazilian wax to soften the hair follicle. Being hydrated and moisturized will make it much easier to remove the hair gently.
3. Relax! Avoid caffeine or anything that can cause your blood to rush. Aspirin and taking an over dosage of pain killers can also thin the blood and cause more bleeding from the follicle. It sounds way worse than it actually is, but taking too many pain killers is really un-necessary. To be safe, you can take a couple of anti-inflammatory type pain killers like Tylenol, Advil, Motrin, or Ibuprofen 30 minutes prior to your brazilian wax appointment. Take it every 6-8 hours for 24 hours there after to speed up the healing process..
Finally, if you have ANY questions prior to your brazilian wax, feel free to text or call!
Home Care Before and After Waxing
- Before and after waxing, exfoliating and moisturizing your skin daily is an important factor to prevent ingrown hair and keep skin clear.
- Do not exfoliate and do not apply lotions or creams to areas that will to be treated 12-24 hrs prior to procedure.
- No sun exposure and Tanning booths 2-3 days before and after waxing.
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, hot baths, swimming in chlorinated pools or beaches and heavy exercises for at least 24 hours after waxing.
- Please wear loose clothing for one day post treatment.
- Avoid touching treated areas with unwashed hands. Apply anti-bacterial cream post treatment in the evening for one night.
- Do not shave between waxing. This distorts the hair growth cycle.
- To prevent ingrown hair use an ingrown hair serum and an exfoliating glove as recommended by technician. Do not pick at ingrown hairs, it may cause scarring and infections. Start exfoliating 48-72 hrs post treatment daily in large areas and three times a week in more gentle areas; bikini and face.
- Waxing at approximately four- six week intervals is recommended to reduce discomfort on follow-up visits. In time, less hair will grow back, and it will become finer and lighter in color.