Waxing is the most common method of hair removal today second to shaving. Hair on any part of the body or face can be waxed. Warm wax is applied to the area and then removed, bringing the hair with it. There are two types of wax: hard and soft. Hard wax, which is easier on delicate skin, is often used on the face, underarms, and bikini area. Soft wax is used on the legs, arms, back, and chest.
Waxing reduces hair growth when performed at regular 30-day intervals. Because waxing pulls the hair out by the root, it grows back softer, finer, and thinner. The more you wax, the less hair grows back.
Lycon Wax: The World’s Best Since 1978
Skin Therapists at LHS Beauty only use the best wax. LYCON, Australia’s #1 Wax Worldwide, enjoys a well deserved international reputation as the crème de la crème of depilatory waxes and is the wax of choice in top spas and salons in over 70 countries and counting. Formulated with the finest resins, pure Australian beeswax and sensuous aromatherapy and natural plant oils, LYCON is the world leader in quality waxes which deliver superior results!
LYCON is a Waxing System, not just wax! Lycon’s low temperature, super pliable and gentle waxes provide a nurturing and skin conditioning treatment for extra client comfort on even the most sensitive skins!
Home Care Before and After Waxing
- Before and after waxing, exfoliating and moisturizing your skin daily is an important factor to prevent ingrown hair and keep skin clear.
- Do not exfoliate and do not apply lotions or creams to areas that will to be treated 12-24 hrs prior to procedure.
- No sun exposure and Tanning booths 2-3 days before and after waxing.
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, hot baths, swimming in chlorinated pools or beaches and heavy exercises for at least 24 hours after waxing.
- Please wear loose clothing for one day post treatment.
- Avoid touching treated areas with unwashed hands. Apply anti-bacterial cream post treatment in the evening for one night.
- Do not shave between waxing. This distorts the hair growth cycle.
- To prevent ingrown hair use an ingrown hair serum and an exfoliating glove as recommended by technician. Do not pick at ingrown hairs, it may cause scarring and infections. Start exfoliating 48-72 hrs post treatment daily in large areas and three times a week in more gentle areas; bikini and face.
- Waxing at approximately four- six week intervals is recommended to reduce discomfort on follow-up visits. In time, less hair will grow back, and it will become finer and lighter in color.